Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

1/20/2012

Don't Do it!

I love menu planning. I seldom really look at the nutrition information as I fill in blanks on my calendar. I think I need to start.

Tonight I put together a breakfast dish that sits in the fridge overnight.
It's called one thing but I'm renaming it. It's now:

Don't Do It Caramel Apple French Toast Bake

Ingredients



2 sticks butter
2 C. Brown Sugar
4 TBSP light Corn Syrup
2 Tart Apples peeled Cored and sliced
1 loaf soft french bread cut in 1" slices
1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans optional
5 eggs
1 1/4 C milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon


Directions



Cook butter, sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat until it thickens to a syrup. Pour into a 9X13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread apple slices across syrup & sprinkle with nuts if using. Place bread slices on top.
Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over bread.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° Before baking sprinkle top with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes. Remover from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
Invert onto nice platter and serve.

Serving Size: 8

Number of Servings: 8

Now here's the fun part. I plugged the ingredients in to SparkPeople Recipe Calculator and here's what I got. Oh and I didn't enter the nuts in, so if you add that it will change this info.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 696.8
Total Fat: 28.0 g
Cholesterol: 177.4 mg
Sodium: 606.7 mg
Total Carbs: 123.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 10.5 g

Now this is if you actually get 8 servings out of it. Between Keith and I, well, it could be 6 or 7.
But you see how this is a little over a third of my calories for the day??? And it's only the main course. What if I made sausage or bacon with that? A glass of juice or milk?
I really need to start planning better.
This is proof for sure!

Next post: From Elevator Music to Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment