Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2/17/2011

I'd buy the sign.

When I was in my late teen's and early 20's, my mom had a motto about me.
"If there is a sign saying sale or clearance, she'd buy the sign."
Yeah, you know parents. They know us better than we know ourselves.

Since we decided to go down to one income, I've been looking for more ways to save money.
The first step I took was just fun stuff. I started getting free stuff the easy way. Letting
someone else do all the leg work for me. I just had to fill out info on where to send the goodies to! Freebies4mom is where I started. I just love her site!! Very well organized!

Then I started playing sweepstakes through her site as well. Now that's fun. So what if I've mostly won free bags of Hall's cough drops and a few months worth of Toaster Strudel?
I did win a pair of Skechers Shape up shoes! That was awesome! I admit to doing The Dance of Joy!

Finding bargains and saving on groceries has become a bit of an obsession. I've already knocked a little over $100 off our monthly grocery bill. We are not starving either!

Today I went to CVS for some deals. I love to stack store coupons on manufacturer coupons and get Extra Care Bucks back!

Here's what I got today:
Huggies diapers $12.49
Huggies Pull ups $12.49
They were buy two for $17.98 and get $4 back in Extra Care Bucks
I also had a coupon for $2 off of Huggies Diapers and a coupon for
free Pull Ups from my House Party Kit.

Total spent on these? $3.49 and I got the $4 to use on my next trip.

Lady Speed Stick deodorant $2.99 with $2 in ECB
coupon for .50 off.
final price? $2.49 with $2 for next visit.

4 20 oz bottles of diet Coke. I can't believe that these little guys
cost as much as the 2 liter bottles!! Ugh!
So they are $1.69 each. I had one coupon from CVS for $1 off of 2.
and 2 coupons I printed out from the internet for BOGO.

Final price? $3.07 instead of $6.76

So I bought $34.73 worth of stuff, paid $20.05 and still have $6 to used next time.
Sort of like paying $14.05 for it all! Less than half price!
And when I got home I found an email from CVS for $4 my next shopping trip of $20 or more. :-)
Nice!


Not my best score by far, but I'll take it!
One of my best deals is one I did for a friend. She is the Queen of bargains!!!
Here is that deal! I'm a Wholly Guacamole addict now. I hope there is a 12 step
program!!

2 comments:

  1. Geez, I need to learn to do that too! That is an impressive shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete