Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

4/28/2011

Steph's Ranger Cookies

I keep telling people I'll get them my yummy cookie recipe.
Well here it is!!

Ranger Cookies
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

They said the dough yields 48 cookies; I got exactly 36.

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder *******
1/4 teaspoon baking soda *******
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour ( half flour and half flax seed or wheat germ or both)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup mixed dried fruit (I don't do this)

In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Stir in oats, coconut, and fruit.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Unless you just want to eat it, then stick the rest in the fridge. :-)

Bake in a 375°F oven about 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.



***** I read in one recipe if you are using self rising flour to nix any baking powder and or soda. I never use these in my recipes when using self rising flour now.
Do what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment